Wednesday, October 08, 2003

just got in. the trip was exhausting. partly because i had had some coffee with my uncle prior to the trip. mostly because there was this chatty girl who was on the flight and felt like she had to talk to me after showing her surprise at the fact that i could even speak english. first i'll address the funny things i noticed then i'll just talk about how disappointed i was during my trip to the doc's office. there was this baby who kept staring at me and his mother kept making him turn his face. after a while i gave into temptation and started making funny faces at him when his mom wasn't looking and he would laugh and then get in trouble for laughing because his mother thought he shouldn't be looking at me or something. 2nd. i was looking out the window at the airport and saw these airport police men of sorts and two dogs which i tried to take a picture of from where i was standing and i got a questioning look from this fella who was probably disgusted that they let me in the airport. i tried to take a pic of him but he was a fast walker. 3rd. i was just walking around [cruising the airport, if you will] and thought about getting my shoes shined. the shoe shine fella saw that i kept passing by the place and he's like "honey, if you pass by me one more time and smile like that i will have no choice but to give you a free shoe shine" that shut me up right quick and i rushed into the closest news stand. ofcourse after telling him politely no thanks even if i did want to get my shoes shined and rethinking going by and getting that free shoe shine but fighting it off. in the news stand place i saw this heavily pierced fella with a tshirt that said "war doesn't decide who's right, it only decides who's left" for whatever reason i then splurged on getting the latest issue of the economist. i gotta marry money so i can get a yearly subscription to the economist. oh woe is me. oh, here's something odd. the chick who talked to me during the whole flight to atl started telling me about her obsession with friendster. not just that, over the weekend my cousin referenced someone else who's always talking about friendster. maybe it's just me. i find things like that odd. re the appointment. i went into the office and first had to fill out new address and insurance info which is all fine and dandy but then i had to wait for a good 45 minutes when a nurse called my name and just took my blood pressure. then i had to wait for a longer time until i was interrupted in my dwelling on how irritated i was about having to wait so long by my doctor's partner who just introduced himself and checked my breathing and asked to see my stomach and then poked it a couple of times and told me it was nice to meet you and left. finally my doctor comes in to ask me "how are you doing? how's school?" and that's it. how silly is that? i didn't even really need to be there. the only reason i was angered by all of this is that the transplant nurse had made such a big deal about me coming in to see him because i hadn't for the last 3 years and i had to change my return flight from sunday to tuesday just so he could "see" me. that's all. i could just hit somebody! instead i'll just wear some warm socks and hope i can sleep early tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home