Thursday, February 02, 2006

ever since high school my friends have had crushes on my mom or dad. and for some reason they've always let me know. i'm too traumatized to talk about my mom [and i gotta get in good to go to dubai! hint hint email 'em nudge nudge] to my dad being handsome my response was always "dude, that's my dad" which has been insufficient to keep them from talking about it even when i added "happily married, with 4 kids, one of whom happens to be your age weirdo" as if that's not mortifying enough. what used to be in high school and college something my girlfriends would say is now in medical school something that my guy friends say. on finding out my result and letting me know the marks one of my friends said "give my mubarak to your family, especially your beautiful, beautiful dad" all i could say was lay off. to which he laughed. i think they bother me just because it does bother me. can anyone else relate with the beautiful parents syndrome?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing comment feature...

February 02, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Traveller said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 02, 2006 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm, no.

But that WAS a hilarious post, though. hahaha

I think my dad, while well-dressed and funny and charming, inspires a bit of intimidation in people more than he does gushiness over his looks. And my ummy is short and round and cute and WAY too nice for her own good *sigh* but she doesn't inspire crushes either. hahaha

February 02, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger maryam said...

doh! who there done deleted a comment. now i'm more curious about the anon testing my comment feature [what?]
yasminay, at least you don't need years of therapy for such things. you've got it pretty good then mashAllah

February 05, 2006 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home