Thursday, November 10, 2005

i have a pretty common name. both first and last. first name's common in my country and the muslim world in general. last name's common in my country. for the 13 years i didn't live here i met nobody with my first name so when i came here to live i was always surprised and would show my excitement with an "oh, i'm a [insert real name whether first or last here] too!" not realizing how undistinguished i sounded. kher. what i was getting at is that i like my name. alhumdulillah. it's a good name. when i was introduced to a friend of mine he started reciting parts of the Quran where the woman i was named after is mentioned. that made me smile so much my cheeks hurt afterwards. he's the only one who's made me feel so special about it. and i always remember that he did. that's why we're friends. oh for other reasons too. but mostly that. if that sounds egotistical it's not supposed to. it's just an appreciation i have of someone who changed my outlook on many things but also this was a gift he gave of sorts

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey whose the friend??i want one too bohooo =0)
td

November 10, 2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger maryam said...

sheikh tijani. no! you can't have one. now go study for your exam

November 11, 2005 2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know the feeling... hahah

November 13, 2005 3:54 AM  
Blogger maryam said...

heh. it's good na?

November 13, 2005 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home