Tuesday, February 28, 2006

been a while since i watched joe vs the volcano. and to this day i find the dialogue between the luggage man and joe quite amusing. here it is. although watching it instead of reading it [we all know how i feel about reading] is a better trade

The LUGGAGE SALESMAN, a small neat man in a quiet suit, is the store's representative. He's talking with Joe. He's a very serious, understated man.

LUGGAGE SALESMAN Have you thought much aboutluggage, Mr. Banks?
JOE No, I never really have.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN It's the central preoccupation of my life. You travel the world, you're away from home,perhaps away from your family, all you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage.
JOE I guess that's true.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN Are you traveling light or heavy?
JOE Heavy.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN Flying?
JOE Flying. And by ship.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN An ocean voyage?
JOE Yes.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN Ah. Yes. So. A real journey.
JOE And then I'll be staying on this island, I don't even really know if I'll be living in a hut or what.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN Very exciting.
JOE Yeah.
LUGGAGE SALESMAN As a luggage problem. I believe I have just the thing.

The Luggage Salesman rolls out an absolutely gorgeous steamer trunk of dark, wine-colored leather and brass fittings.

JOE Wow.

The Luggage Salesman opens it. It has hangers, drawers, a
mirror, the works.

LUGGAGE SALESMAN This is our premier steamer trunk. All handmade, only the finest materials. It's even water-tight, tight as a drum. If I had the need and the wherewithal, Mr. Banks, this would be my trunk of choice. I could face the world with a trunk like this by my side.

Joe is moved.

JOE I'll take four of them.

This is the classiest thing the Luggage Salesman's ever heard.

LUGGAGE SALESMAN May you live to be a thousand years old, sir.

Not normally a demonstrative man, he slowly raises hand, offering it to Joe. Joe takes it and they shake.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ol' Baby said...

i've never heard of this movie. but that trunk sounds cool.

March 04, 2006 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh, but it would be a buggah tryin to carry it!!!

March 04, 2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger Chantale said...

CLASSIC movie man!!!!
all the islanders drinking Fanta or what ever!
OOOOOOOOH MAN!
I gotta see it again!

I wont ruin the ending but he dies... oh did I ruin it?
SOOOOORRR-REEEEEEEEEEEE

March 05, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger shaheen said...

hahahaha THAT'S your favourite dialogue out of that movie?!

awesome. I'm going to have to rewatch it.

March 05, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger musicalchef said...

Haha, i remember that movie. But i'd forgotten that part.

March 06, 2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger baj said...

lol, funny stuff.

chai, we missed you this weekend! especially when we saw maha - you know she's a young lady now?!?!

March 06, 2006 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home