Tuesday, June 21, 2005

swimming pool politics. there's a group of ladies who don't really swim. they come to talk. they talk about weight loss and fad diets and calories and mostly complain. i have yet to see them swim a length. smalls and i are the pool snobs. we don't talk to anyone. we don't make eye contact. if we find something funny it's only what one of us says to the other. we do it on purpose too. they find that odd. they think we're shy and try to make polite conversation with us but little do they realize we're just jerks. anyway they don't like that we don't talk. enough to talk about us. we know they talk about us. they look at us and talk about us. i was there by myself recently. no smalls as my sidekick. i'm swimming my laps. and oh i can do the whole length underwater now. i'm showing off. may Allah swt forgive me. so this group of ladies. nay. gang of non swimmers. they're watching me right. like i'm their next meal. i notice this every time i surface. i guess this means i'm watching them right back. but i have no choice they are closing in at the spot i end up at in the shallow end. before my last few laps this one woman strays from the pack. walks right in front of me! the nerve! i mean i don't care if they don't swim but let me swim my one breath lap. ok i'm showing off again. i should just stop writing about it. i guess i'll continue this once i'm over myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home