Saturday, April 30, 2005

i was at the local gas station getting my car cleaned since i hate the new driver we have cause he's got such an attitude problem and i want to hit him every time i see him but that's another story for another time folks. so once the dude's done cleaning my car he starts to tell me about how his friend has a sore throat. and i listen doing my best abu ji impression where i look like i'm paying attention but chances are i'm not and you can only catch this if you know us really well. it takes me a second to realize that the guy wanted me to prescribe some medication for his friend. so then i start to listen carefully and ask him a few questions about symptoms he noticed and wait out what he has to say and then explain to him that i'm only a student and not a doctor yet so i can't help him right now but tell him a few precautions. as i'm telling him this he became embarassed all of a sudden. this got me thinking. why did his demeanor change towards me? he only opened up to me so easily or without inhibition because he thought i could help him but became shy and awkward when he had realized he had misjudged me. it wasn't my intention to trick him and it wasn't that big of a mistake on his part but the change in him was visible. how odd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home