Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I've known "Chai" since college. She has a funny laugh and is a riot. Once I made her laugh so much that she got angry with me. That's when I was introduced to her infamous "maddy waddy" face. Classic.

Being stupid and young we would come up with attention getting things to do. Like coming up with a hideous way of laughing when it was really quiet. First you get people staring at you. Then you get people to laugh at what an odd laugh you have. Then you get people to laugh loudly (because it's contagious). In a matter of minutes people at neighboring tables are laughing too. It's so money. Some of my best memories of IU are with her.

I digress. Back to why I'm here. Her ability to eat is dubious. Scary even. I remember it like it was yesterday...
We used to study together at the IU student union (she studied and I slept) but before that she would eat. We would get together after she was done fighting with her Japanese Juijitsu buddies. That was her excuse for needing to eat so much. It was always surprising to see how much a girl of 5'3" could eat. Once in the same sitting she ate her pizza slice while I was still trying to pay for mine. Then she took mine. As if that wasn't enough she had an orange juice, an apple, 2 or 3 bites of my second slice, all of my fries and as she was reaching for my water when I had to ask her to stop. Since then we have never had dinner together because she came up with excuses like "Oh, I couldn't call you back because I was in a coma" and "I just came back from the hospital after a liver transplant" and "Buddy, today is graduation day, I already have plans to have lunch with my family" I don't know if I miss her or her excuses. All in jest my friend. My point is, who has seen this little girl eat? And, is it just me or is that not normal?

As always, this is done in all fun and jocularity.
Your best friend forever and ever until water do us part,
Adam Hassan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home