Friday, March 26, 2004

it's hard to take criticism over something you've done. ok i'm not talking about a professor bleeding all on your research paper. or even the red ink pen breaking over your exam. mostly because that is an objective look on it. or you hope. remember in middle school when "i liked it" or "it was interesting" wasn't constructive critiscism? not to stray from the subject here. i'm talking about something you've done that you find is beautiful. like a piece of art. like if you draw something and you don't get the reaction you expected you almost want to take it as if they have it in for you. and by you i mean well basically me. i feel that way about my poems. few and far between but they are my few and far betweens. so what if all they do is rhyme? and that not even well. it's what comes out. right? to me poetry isn't a piece of work that can be worked on. in fact it's not even a piece of work. for me it's just what's in your heart or mind at the time. for me it's not supposed to be subject to improvement. or maybe that's just in my head. but that's why i keep thinking in the for me form. so [for me] you can't improve a poem because then it's not that poem any more. you can improve as a poet by maybe writing more and more and see what flows better but you can write about different things. not that same poem. ya dig?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home