Sunday, October 12, 2003

here's a bunch of stuff i thought i could rhyme

yesterday i met a deadhead with dreads
we eyed each other not admiring each others threads
then i continued talking to others instead
and she stopped me because she liked what i said
we discussed lust and luxuries that became necessities
and how vacant our excuses were for these accessories
we exchanged ideas about our beliefs and the needy
turns out she was a muslim afterall indeedy
i felt a little ashamed judging her from how she dressed
her demeanor was pleasing i walked away impressed
her constructive attitude and how she conducted herself
forcing me to reflect on my own self

encounters with inspirators

did i do my wudu correctly? is this the proper attire?
thinking of some way out of this quagmire
without blinking i volunteered for weekend islamic school
wonder if those kids are going to think i'm wicked or cool
wish those parents would drop them off soon
how long do i have to wait this afternoon

awaiting the new batch of weekend islamic school

here's my limmerick to biryani
all serious foods out of many
are sub par to this greasy meaty dish
for which countless smack their lips and wish
that they were even pakistani

my ode to one of my favorites

laying awake at night
thoughts about fighting for right
chanting slogans
devotedly without guns
all this rhetoric
why don't they just get it
the purpose of life for all humanity
is to worship my Lord and obey His Amenity

feeling a bit fidgety

anticipating my own qualms
reciting in the spread of my palms
to my Lord all of my alarms
chanting the names calms
enveloping darkness balms

mostly venting

remind me of when
i only saw through your eyes
remind me of when
way before you started upsetting me with your lies
remind me of when
you were aiding and abetting my silly wiles
wait wait wait no no no
remind me of when
you ended up stealing from me my smiles
remind me of when
you were exposed behind all of those malice filled chides
remind me of when
i gained information eating away at my mind and insides

concerning the information of misinformation

my Lord let me be selfless
hooded here i confess
consolidating my antics
chances of being a fanatic
erratic maybe even spastic
what did i commit

why am i the one changing for my society
breathe free speak free
they say as they bind me
on the streets keep away from me
i'm annihilating my jealousy
letting go of my megalomaniac tendencies
i will over come my enemy

avoiding what's inside

my Lord thank you for saving me from myself
i remember love for convenience
a fake vice
appropriately smitten
almost looking to be zealous
a silly enthusiast
never daring
always preparing
feels good to let go

remembering days gone by

relevant revelations
for practical purposes
for ambitious aspirations

while taking a while to sleep

ever feel too much like sparking a riot?
ever feel too much like a skirt?
ever feel too much like instigating a revolution?
ever feel too much like a root for passion?

while taking a study break

their words bite deep into my mind
leaving gashes with letters unkind
rehashing out of context evidence of the past
my Lord how long will all of this ignorance last
these dopes they vehemently crave a gasp
while we strive to revamp our ummah's haps

while seeking to sort out the stupidity behind it all

here's my theory
on the ottoman glory
lo how the fall came
behold what was to blame
i hypothesized it was tea or coffee
be it flat or frothy
straight or exquisite
aids only ye addict
this bitter white alkaloid
thou must avoid
so be ye wary
of this elixir so scary

while drugged up on my drug of choice [caffeine ofcourse] and faking old english

i think you're under some kind of misconception
your cruel words hurt me?
ha! harsh deception
control me?
what are you trying to do?
own me?
thinking you're so smooth
cornering me angering me
looking like a fool
not as stupid as you believe
not losing my cool
instead with dexterity
my sisters and brothers even without me
will avail your achilles heel
c'mon then dare me
fathoming taking advantage of my vulnerability
my Lord knows me

while chillin at the dawah table with some non muslim proselytizers

this apathy all around me
not a speck of sensitivity
claiming to be a connoisseur
without the sabr of a devotee
the madness merges into one
my Lord let me fade away anon

while listening in on two aunties talking

hey what made the news?
oh just human rights abuse
so which party did they accuse?
us again without any clues
any chances we'll lose?
if no countries help with floose
why won't the muslim powers fuse?
nobody's willing to pay the dues
eh what's the use?
yeah the muslim ummah mode's on snooze

while listening to npr on the muslim struggle in palestine

pain pain go away
come back never again

while watching the impoverished waiting in the heat

what makes me cry at night for His Messenger?
when do i get to meet His Messenger?
where do i place fear, hope, love, and desire?
how soon can i pray to seek you my Lord?
why must peace ignite my fire?

while seeking the what when where how and why in the turmoil

my mind so tough
my heart so flexible, soft, and supple
my body so rough
my soul so tranquil, cool, and peaceful
my Lord give me what is only enough

while drugged up and waiting for surgery

my Lord your creations i admire
my Lord being with you i desire
my Lord to you i aspire
my Lord for you i respire

while chillin at the masjid

how cold and hard my heart has become
how easy it is for me to succumb
why Lord?
why me?
won't You have them turn down the a/c?

while waiting to pray fajr in a freezing basement

walking to the masjid
i grew up as a kid
walking to the masjid
all my bad intentions hid
walking to the masjid
on my Lord's mercy i bid
walking to the masjid

walking to the masjid
walking to the masjid

while watching my younger brother walking to the masjid

let me be without a shopping spree
let me be without a benze
let me be without eyes to see
let me be with love for my Lord in my heart please

while waiting for my momz to get done with shopping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home